Educational puzzle game for learning Japanese Hiragana & Katakana alphabet.
Do you want to be able to read Japanese Hiragana and Katakana characters?
Traditionally studying the Japanese alphabet has been quite an ordeal requiring people to play with flash cards. These cards offer little help on proper pronunciation. We solve all these problems with Kana Match, a game that makes the learning process unique, funny and rewarding.
Learn to master all the 46 Hiragana and 46 Katakana characters. The game takes you to a language learning adventure with a young man named Ryo. Help him learn the language of his ancestors and make a lasting impression on a certain young beautiful girl.
With Kana Match, you pair a Hiragana or Katakana character with its Romanized translation. You also hear their pronunciations by a native speaker. This helps you to learn their sound respectively. Players will go through all Hiragana and Katakana characters in level-based game modes, which teach new characters every few levels.
The Japanese voices are recorded in high-studio quality by the recording artist, Ayako Higuchi.
Five fun & challenging game modes
- HIRAGANA: Play through 230 levels and unlock all Hiragana characters.
- KATAKANA: Play through 230 levels and unlock all Katakana characters.
- CLASSIC: Unlocked characters are used to test your skills, make no mistakes!
- SURVIVAL: Battle against 30 seconds timer with your unlocked characters.
- BLITZ: One minute time limit with all 46 characters. How good are you?
- High-studio quality pronunciations by the recording artist, Ayako Higuchi
- Game Center leaderboards for all game modes (8 in total)
- Total of 30 challenging Game Center achievements
- Optimized for iPhone 5 and iPad retina graphics
- iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- Universal Application